Personality Conflicts in the Workplace: The Bully
May 25, 2011
If you thought that bullies were strictly in elementary and secondary schools, think again. Workplace bullies exist in offices across the country. You may have encountered, have dealt with or are currently working with several of the following:
- This individual criticizes your work in front of others.
- This person threatens or curses at you.
- You are intentionally left out of work activities (both internal and external).
- Your co-worker spreads rumors about you.
- You’ve made it clear that a behavior bothers you, but it continues.
If you… More >>
Personality Conflicts in the Workplace: The Gossip
May 13, 2011
Let’s be honest. Most of us participate in water-cooler chitchat. And if you do, beware that gossip is easy to fall into, and can be very damaging.
It is so important to establish constructive relationships with your colleagues. Here are a few ways to keep things positive.
- Refrain from saying negative things about your job and title. If there is something about your job that upsets you, talk to your supervisor about it and work it out privately.
- If you are approached about… More >>
Personality Conflicts in the Work Place
May 11, 2011
I recently started a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) certification, which studies a personality assessment that allows both the administrator and the client to delve deeper into the client’s personality. Doing so helps the client understand how they think and react to the outside world, which ultimately helps them understand personal and professional goals. The best career counseling programs have a certified MBTI administrator, and I am excited to begin this journey.
While I was reviewing my course work, I started thinking… More >>
More LinkedIn Nuggets
April 28, 2011
I wanted to discuss LinkedIn a little bit more because I think that it is a pretty good resource for career-minded folks.
LinkedIn is many things. It is a networking tool, a social media platform and an online habitat to share professional contacts. Using message boards and private messaging enables users to create both general and personal relationships with a wide variety of professionals.
The following points will help you use LinkedIn to its fullest potential.
- Post questions to other professionals in your… More >>